It’s that time of year!
Are you feeling like you over-indulged during the holiday season?
Are you keen to get back to your healthy habits, and perhaps adopt new ones?
Are you planning on adding more greens to your diet in 2019?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then our New Year Detox Soup is for you! And we’ve decided to share our recipe with you so that you can start your year off right in the comfort of your own home.
This deliciously creamy, revitalizing soup is jam-packed with veggies to kick-start your year, yet is hearty and incredibly tasty to comfort your soul on a cold day or night (it is still winter, after all!).
So what are you waiting for? Grab some greens and get cooking!
New Year Detox Soup
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 head of garlic (peeled)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch of celery (chopped)
- 8 potatoes (chopped)
- 10 cups of water
- 3 cups of collard greens
- 1/2 bunch of kale
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 2 inches of ginger (grated)
- 1/2 cup of miso
- 1/4 cup of tamari
- Wash and prepare all of the veggies.
- Cook the onion and the garlic in a small amount of water.
- Add the carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Add the 10 cups of water.
- Bring pot to a bowl and stir frequently.
- Add the collards and kale after everything is cooked.
- Add the cumin, ginger, miso and tamari. Cook on low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Blend mixture in a blender or food processor, or with an immersion blender.
*Makes a large batch. Adjust if necessary.
Check out more delicious and nutritious recipes here.
No time to cook? No problem! Visit one of our six locations and enjoy our soup of the day, or try any of our delicious and nutritious meals, smoothies, juices and guilt-free desserts! Everything we serve is 100% organic, plant-based and gluten-free.