Is your food 100% organic?
Yes. Every ingredient used at The Green Moustache is organic. We believe that avoiding pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers is crucial for good health, and also for the health of the environment. You can read more about our environmental commitment here.
Is your food suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
Yes. Our food and beverages are 100% plant-based.
Do you have any nut-free items?
Yes. However we cannot guarantee that items have not come into contact with nuts in our kitchens. Let your server know if you have a nut allergy.
- Beverages – All juices & shots, smoothies (Ask for water kefir instead of almond mylk.), Immunity Tea, Lemonades
- Breakfast – Oatmeal, Smoothie Bowl (Ask for water kefir instead of almond mylk), Chia Pudding Bowl (Ask for water kefir instead of almond mylk)
- Main Meals – Superfood Salad, Buddha Bowl, Collard Wraps, Kitchari and Kitchari/Salad Combo, Cooked Chili without cashew sour cream (Note that the Raw Chili contains nuts.)
- Desserts – Chocolate Avocado Tart, Granola Bar, Banana Choc Chip Cookie
Why don’t you use salt in your recipes?
We are committed to minimizing sodium in our meals. Sodium is a nutrient found in table salt and many other foods. (We do use gluten-free tamari, which contains sodium, but we try to use it in the smallest quantities possible.)
Too much sodium can lead to high blood pressure, which may result in stroke, heart disease, and kidney disease. Excess sodium intake is also linked to asthma, osteoporosis, and stomach cancer.
The Canadian government has a program in place to help people reduce their sodium intake. Most Canadians, including children, eat too much sodium.
Where is the protein?
The most commonly asked questions about a plant-based diet is, ‘Where do you get your protein?’. In fact, most foods contain protein, including vegetables, and it’s easy to get your recommended daily amount by eating a variety of vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts, seeds and fruits. Read our Debunking the Protein Myth blog to find out more.
Do you have any paleo dishes?
Our philosophy of eating whole, unprocessed foods ties in with the Paleo philosophy. Whilst we do use some grains, we have several dishes that are grain-free.
- Superfood Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Raw Chili (ask for it without rice)
- Potato Salad
- All Smoothies, juices and hot beverages
Note – although we have many grain-free desserts, these desserts contain maple syrup.
How can I open my own Green Moustache Organic Café?
If you’d like to open your own Green Moustache Organic Café and you are passionate, driven and live in a densely populated area, then we’d like to hear from you! Read more about our franchise opportunities.
How can I get a vending machine in my community?
If you’d like to have a fresh and healthy Green Moustache vending machine in your community, please fill out our vending machine request form.